Green Beans with Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small clove garlic, minced, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Hiland Dairy Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place medium bowl of ice water near the stove.
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket.
- Add green beans, cover and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to the ice water to cool.
- Remove from ice water with a slotted spoon and let drain on a kitchen towel; blot dry with another towel.
- If using fresh garlic, mash with salt using the back of a spoon until a paste forms.
- Whisk the garlic paste (or garlic powder and salt) with yogurt, oil, parsley (if using) and pepper in a larger bowl.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat. Serve cold.